Monday, June 29, 2009

housewarming

Saturday night was the official unveiling of my new apartment, so to speak. The party was a success, with punch themed perfectly to my cross streets (Pineapple St and Orange St). There were a bunch of Cornell people who I don't get to see very often, which was amazing. Pics of the apartment/party below:

Clare's friends in the kitchen...
"Livingroom"
Sleeping space

The playlist was about 4 hours long...with several Michael Jackson tributes interspersed, clearly.

I wished that I had my camera when I was out today (Sunday) because it was such a nice day full of lovely things! We had brunch in Morningside, then went to the Pride parade for a while, and headed down to SoHo. I took my first walk home from Manhattan across the Brooklyn bridge - not too long, and pretty efficient! I got a bit lost trying to find the entrance to the bridge on the Manhattan side, but eventually I got there. The bridge is pretty spectacular, I must say.

On a parting note, I'm really liking the new album by Electric Owls called Ain't Too Bright. I got one of their tracks ("Magic Show") on some random sampler playlist, and it's been getting a lot of play on my iPod lately. The album dropped on June 23rd - check it out, seriously!


No comments:

Post a Comment