Tuesday, March 15, 2011

don't try to hide it fight it

(image via 20x200)

My little musical heart has been overwhelmed in the last few days. Two great album releases today (The Dodos and Noah & the Whale), full streaming of the new Strokes album, and a really beautiful song from The National.

No Color (Amazon MP3 Exclusive)
No Color is only $2.99 today on Amazon! A serious serious steal. It has ass-kicking drums, vocals from Neko Case, and is overall a really solid album. If I could put stars next to the songs that I'm seriously in love with, you'd pretty much have to listen to the whole thing.

Last Night On Earth
Last Night On Earth is more cheerful than The First Days of Spring was (thank goodness), but it still offers the same type of lyrical narrative that can be universally understood. I'm really looking forward to their show next week.  So far I'm really attached to "L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.", "Just Me Before We Met" and "The Line."


The newest song from The National is for a new Paul Giamatti movie, Win Win.

(via PMA)

No comments:

Post a Comment