Friday, May 20, 2011

the only dude on Earth to date

So, let's play a little catch up here. Last Saturday I went to see the Donald Glover/Childish Gambino (OH WAIT SAME PERSON) show at Music Hall of Williamsburg. I bought one of my friends her ticket as a birthday present, but it was fairly selfish because the show was even more awesome than I anticipated. Aside from the fact that Donald Glover is incredibly funny and charming and witty, and apparently knows how to throw a wicked dance party full of the most random people in NYC, there were video guests in the form of James Murphy and Reggie Watts (and two versions of future-Donald?), as well as surprise(!) videographing being done by his Community co-star Joel McHale.

I had a dream that night that we became friends with Donald Glover and had crazy adventures together. I wish that were true. Instead I will have to suffice with that one time I threw caution to the wind and talked to him at the LCD Soundsystem show.

I have a million favorite lyrics -- most of which combine something pretty crude with something clever -- but I won't detail that all for you. Instead I leave you with a few good shots, and "Freaks and Geeks" as seen from our pretty solid spots in the crowd.





No comments:

Post a Comment