Saturday, March 28, 2009

Did you hear your favorite song one last time? Young boys, young girls...

Last night Eve and I saw The Gaslight Anthem in a sold out show at Webster Hall.  They had surprisingly solid first opener, Good Old War, who we both really enjoyed.  Their 2nd opener, Heartless Bastards weren't bad, but their set felt like it went on for forever.  

The Gaslight Anthem put on a great live show.  It was 16 and over, but I'm not so sure all of those kids were over 16...I felt a little old as I attempted to side-step getting jumped on by spastic teenagers and not get kicked in the head by a slew of crowd surfers.  They opened with "Great Expectations" which is a wonderful song, but is also the opener to their last album, and I'm always a little suspicious of beginning a set like that.  I was particularly in love with their performances of "Film Noir" and "Here's Looking At You, Kid", as the lead singer, Brian Fallon, seemed particularly connected to the songs as he sang.  Also, Film Noir is one of my favorite songs of theirs.  They played a good mix of new and old songs, though I am much more familiar with The '59 Sound than their previous work.  Overall: great show, and I'm excited for summer to get here because it's the best concert season in NY!

Here are some pics I managed to take during all the madness:






No comments:

Post a Comment