Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween was fantastic...like a fox

Happy (belated) Halloween! I had a great time making my costume this year - everything from the dress to the accessories...it was like my own personal Project Runway challenge. I modified a sleeping eyemask to make the mask, covered a headband to make the ears, and made a large tail to match! The dress has a subtle polka dot pattern to mimic the dress in the new Wes Anderson movie, with the necklace to echo the red of her actual dress. If you haven't seen the trailer, check it out! The movie comes out around Thanksgiving, and I'm very excited.




Here it is...my very own Fantastic Mrs. Fox!

Most of the night I wore the mask flipped up like this, worn like a visor. It worked out great, because it still looks like a fox! You can't see it in these photos, but the belt is also holding on a tail.

I hung out with these finely dressed folks: (sexy) Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. I think they look lovely in this sepia filter:

Prior to our Halloween adventures, we made a pair of delicious pizzas! Yum!

Halloween was great - I went to a party at my friend's place in Williamsburg, and then we went off to a few places in Manhattan. We placed bets on what the most common costume sighting would be - I bet on Max from Where the Wild Things Are, and I saw 10! The big surprise of the night was how many gnomes we saw...never would have even guessed that one! And, a shocking lack of Michael Jacksons.

No comments:

Post a Comment