Saturday, December 5, 2009

the holiday spirit

I just watched Love Actually, which is one of my go-to holiday spirit movies. When I was younger, though, I was oddly a huge fan of A Very Brady Christmas and watched it every year when it aired on tv (shh don't tell).

There's only one week until Chanukah, though my parents stopped actually choosing gifts for me years ago and now it's all sort of lumped into a Chanukah+DecemberBirthday go-buy-whatever-you-want-within-reason deal. Though it's nice because I always inevitably get something that I want, I miss the days of actually opening up a present that my parents had taken the time to wrap. Oh well--I guess you can't have it both ways.

If, perchance, they were to give me a wrapped gift this year, I wouldn't mind any of the following things that I've come across lately:



Chainlink knitted scarf (Urban Outfitters)


Gold wildflower necklace (Urban Outfitters)

Vintage rotary phone (Anthropologie)




Fair Isle knee-high socks (JCrew)
*EDIT: I got these from my friend! Yay!!*

BC "Rainbow" boots in Clay (via Need Supply)
*seriously, I have a huge crush on these boots right now

Other silly things that I want: a cute tape dispenser, 30 mini potted cacti or a train set (for that weird wall ledge between the kitchen and the main space of my apartment)

Big ticket items I can only dream of: a really good dressform/mannequin, a pretty digital SLR camera (because clearly going on vacation with 3 cameras already is not enough), a TV whose screen is larger than this laptop, a more comfortable futon to sit on (and possible a less squeaky one).

Oh, and if the powers that be are listening in: I would really like one of those jobs I interviewed for (you know which ones I mean). I would take one of those in lieu of all of the above. Even the boots.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post and feel as though it were written for me. i am going to use it fyi so if you shared this list with other people who will appreicate it as much as me i get dibs on things. ok, th'as ll - abr25

    ReplyDelete