Thursday, December 17, 2009

Let's Play Favorites: round 2

Along a similar train of thought, I find it difficult to make year-end lists because I come to the sudden realization that I have dozens of half-albums in my iTunes. And then I feel guilty because maybe one of these albums was really great, and time just ran out so I didn't seek out the rest of the songs to fill out the whole record. But then I realize that it's practically impossible to listen to that much music very thoroughly (unless it's your job), so I should just enjoy these little bits and pieces that I've found -- and now share them with you!

Top "Other" Songs of 2009
(not found on any of the Top 10 or honorable mention albums)

"Howl" - Florence and the Machine
"Use Somebody" - Kings of Leon
"Love Song 2009" - Dent May & His Magnificent Ukelele
"So Insane" - Discovery
"At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be)" - fun.
"Niagra Falls" - Harlem Shakes
"Embers" - Just Jack
"Burial" - Miike Snow
"So Far Around The Bend" - The National
"Actor Out Of Work" - St. Vincent
"Castle" - UUVVWWZ
"Can't Help It" - Yes Giantess
"Basic Space" - The xx
"Dominos" - The Big Pink
"Barcelona" - Plasticines
"Poker Face" - Lady Gaga
"Shadows" - Au Revoir Simone
"People Say" - Portugal. The Man
"15 to 20" - Phenomenal Handclap Band
"The Fear" - Lily Allen
"Airport Surroundings" - Lonely Dear
"The Tenure Itch" - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart



P.S. Imeem got bought out by myspace music and merged into it, so all of my old playlists on this blog are gone :'( I have spent a sick amount of time syncing my iTunes library into lala's music service so that I could use it and make this playlist for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment