Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Festival of Gifts, Night 1

 the wine bottle menorah is back for year 2!

Chanukah is about a miracle of light, and of oil.  But this year it is beginning (now!) freakishly close to Thanksgiving, which turned out to be a celebration of...butter.  So much butter.  I'm amazed that none of us keeled over.  I'm avoiding potatoes for a few more days, too, post-Thanksgiving because I cooked mashed potatoes & sweet potato casserole and then took those leftovers home.  I'm a little over starched.

For the next 8 nights of Chanukah, I will have a gift for you all!  And by "gift" I mean post.  Sorry.  Unless you want to send me your home address and I'll send you a leftover pumpkin pie in a cupcake from Thanksgiving because I can't eat anymore of them.

GIFT #1
The post I've been meaning to write for the last couple months is the following.  And, I think it means more now that some CMJ hype has died down and I've had more time to settle into this band.

Everyone talks about what a stupid name they have (it's sort of true), but I also like the silliness of it all.  I am, of course, talking about Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr.  "Vocal Chords" has been one of my #1 songs this fall.  If you're unfamiliar with it, you can grab it courtesy of Stereogum

If you're dissatisfied with this, here's what the cupcakes looked like:

No comments:

Post a Comment