Sunday, October 4, 2009

Brooklyn-centric Weekend

In a rather odd coincidence, I never left Brooklyn this weekend. Friday night I had dinner in Park Slope, and then proceeded to Lucky 13, a metal/punk bar with $2 PBR, which we not only took advantage of, but made into a lovely tower:Saturday I took my bike out on the town with her new front basket and shiny silver bell. (clearly the bike is a "she" - what else would a cute little white and fuschia cruiser be?!):
We went to Target, and then to the Brooklyn Flea in Ft. Greene, where I saw this awesome statue made of scrap metal:
Sunday has been spent running a few errands, and then walking back along Atlantic Avenue via the entire stretch of Atlantic Antic, a really great and diverse street fair spanning from 4th Ave to Hicks St. I passed an unprecedented number of "mozzArepa" stands (who knew these were so popular?), and stopped only at a few places that really caught my attention. The first was Another Work in Progress, a collection of handmade notebooks, some with soft leather covers, and some made of vintage board games with game piece charms hanging from their spines. I fell in love with one, and bought it for my friend's birthday--it suits her quite well.

Next, I stumbled upon the display outside of Cityfoundry, an antiques store on Atlantic. They had a lot of great things set up:
vintage film reels
scrap Robots (don't touch!)
Vintage luggage and chests, and a great standing birdcage

The whole time I was walking along Atlantic, I kept passing people walking the opposite direction carrying these tin mugs. I was intrigued, and finally came across where they had gotten them. Wild Bills offered up two sizes of souvenir mugs, with free refills on their old fashioned sodas:

I didn't buy any mozzarepas, or any of Wild Bill's soda, but I did get a really great cup of iced coffee from Crop to Cup, and the cutest little sweet potato pie (yum!) from Sweet Chef Southern Styles Bakery, which is up in Harlem.

It was a beautiful day out, uncharacteristically warm, especially after this November-esque chill that has been going on lately! I took the opportunity to wear a more summery dress again, and was quite happy.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment