Friday, October 23, 2009

my brief jaunt with CMJ

This week has been CMJ Music Marathon, a whirlwind of concerts and showcases, which I always wanted to go to when I was in college.

I was a complete failure at trying to see The Antlers for free at Sound Fix, because I forgot that Sound Fix moved... Oh well, I grabbed some banh mi in Williamsburg and otherwise amused myself by going to buy some more pieces of my Halloween costume.

Clare and I had a fantastic Thursday, though, grabbing lunch at Benny's Burritos and then heading to the Brooklyn Vegan (free!) showcase at Pianos. They also had free Miller beers and Vitamin Water--score! We saw one punk band (if punk rockers wore grey cardigans), and a more folk-y act that Clare thinks wants to be Bob Dylan.

a really bad shot of Lovvers playing at Pianos

I never made it to the Gothamist CMJ showcase at The Bell House, which looked like it was going to be awesome... But! Ana and I now have tickets to see Freelance Whales and Fanfarlo play Webster Hall in December. I'm super psyched. Fanfarlo has gotten great reviews of their live shows during this CMJ week, so it should be a good time.

Unfortunately, my CMJ has to be cut short because my mom is here now for the weekend, and I can't even picture taking her to a concert...

No comments:

Post a Comment