Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Meanwhile, his friend through alley and street Wanders and watches, with eager ears, Till in the silence around him he hears...

[photo via Google images]

Fall is my favorite season, but it oftentimes makes me wonder why I live in a big city. It conjures up images of rolling around in a pile of leaves or eating dinners in a barn--I'm a real sucker for apples and pumpkins and how they pair nicely with my favorite spices: cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. I want to go find a big tree with crunchy, falling leaves and sit under it all day listening to this new playlist I made. Calm, folky, sometimes even a little eerie: things that are oh-so-very Fall in my mind.



Autumn 2009

* The title of this post is taken from the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem "Paul Revere's Ride", which I distinctly remember having to learn by heart at some point in elementary school - my dad also often quotes it, and now I can't remember if he only knows it as a result of drilling it into my brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment