Thursday, April 28, 2011

put you in a place where you could save yourself

Trips home are always packed to the brim, and this past extended weekend was no different. I went home for my mom's birthday/the end of Passover, so both of those occasions were automatic family time. I also crammed in a Cubs game, seeing two of my friends' apartments that I hadn't been to, and eating all of my favorite foods that you just can't get in New York. Plus, bars and running and CTA riding and figuring out how to drive my dad's car. I got ridiculously low amounts of sleep but it was well worth it.

drinks in Rogers Park 

brunch in Wicker Park 

(rainy and really cold) Cubs game 

Lou Malnati's - best deep dish in Chicago 

gratuitous picture of Sam, my family's cat

The most important thing I learned: the Buff Joe's cheese fries are not the same at every location. Clark Street is the pinnacle. I don't know what's going on at the Green Bay Rd location, but it is merely average-to-bad. 

PS, Chicago friends - I miss you all already!

No comments:

Post a Comment