Tuesday, September 1, 2009

feeling fall

When I woke up this morning, it was colder in my apartment than it was outside (and the A/C wasn't even on)-- fall must be coming! I'm excitedly preparing myself for my favorite season :)

This past weekend we went to Lederhosen, a German restaurant/beer hall - an idea that seems very fall-ish already. While there, we were surrounded (surprisingly) by a lot of very "bro"-types, but there was this gem of a guy at the table over from us:

very blurry, but it's hard to photograph someone discreetly...

the bottom of my Berliner Weisse glass


Sunday, Eve and I went to the Antiques Garage in Chelsea, as well as a few places around Union Square. I bought myself this fall hat at Urban Outfitters:
I'm not usually a hat person, but I do like cloches, and this colorway/trim was right up my alley. We'll see if I actually decide to keep it...

I've been looking for a good pair of oxfords for fall, that weren't too expensive, but weren't cheesy. I think I struck gold at DSW, with this pair of Steve Madden cognac brown leather oxfords--they were in the clearance section for under $50. Win!


Tomorrow I'm off to Amsterdam for a week! I am incredibly excited, and I just finished making the dress that I plan on wearing to my cousin's wedding. I'll post pictures of it when I'm back!

1 comment:

  1. a. have i always been in your blob picture?!?
    b. the bottom of your glass says another one. i'm excited that i know that. hopefully you did not or i will feel less excited
    c. post about amsterdammmm

    ReplyDelete