Friday, September 11, 2009

hip to be square

The rain held off for Fashion's Night Out last night, but not the case for today! I braved the precipitation and subwayed over to pick up these photos - the last round of pics from Holland. I am still not a terribly skilled Diana+ user, so only 11 of the 12 came out, and only 7 of those are anything like I had hoped they'd be.

flowers at the Grote Markt in Haarlem

View from the center of the square in Grote Markt

Misc. bicycles on the brick lanes of Haarlem

Carnival in Grote Markt on our last day there!

Outside of the Van Gogh museum

Tasty treats: chicken spring rolls & bitter lemon to drink (at Stempels, in Haarlem)

Rachel and Guy, lunch the day after the wedding

As for FNO, it was a lot of fun! I checked out the Anna Sui for Target pop-up shop, which had amazing decor -- though, the floor lights kept going out while I was there. I picked up a black silk "Serena" jumper, which I think will go nicely into fall layered over some skinny jeans or tights! I spent a long time at the Vogue Alumni House, catching up with the Thread Social and sneaking glances at Brad Goreski, my favorite Rachel Zoe Project star + the host of the event. En route to Opening Ceremony, I made a stop into Madewell and Topshop, neither of which I had really explored in much depth before last night (I don't get over to SoHo that much). I got some great sale pieces at Madewell, including some brown jeans for fall. The night was filled with loads of highly stylized shoppers, free drinks, and little snacks. I'm so glad it didn't rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment